Saturday, October 20, 2007

Home Early

I was just at work but one thing in nursing is that if there are no patients then no need for nurses. So I started my shift with 4 patients. All of us only had four. It was nice but too bad I just couldn't stop coughing. Anyways. I was lucky enough to send someone home at 9 am. This then meant that we had not enough patients for the amount of nurses on today. We are supposed to have 5 patients per nurse. We had 16 patients at the beginning of the shift, I sent one home, someone else was getting to go home, and ER had no patients waiting for a bed on our unit.
I then got a call from the house supervisor stating that I could either go home or go up to the 4th floor and let a nurse on that floor go home who had a headache. Well... I just couldn't turn down the option to go home. I feel like butt and 2 of my patients stated that I seemed sicker than them. So after only 5 hours of work I am at home now looking forward to a nap. I really regret telling the doctor on thursday that I didn't need a note for a few days off. Next time I will take the note even if I don't end up using it.

No comments: