Thursday, February 21, 2008

All done

So surgery was fast yesterday. After three attempts to start my IV. First one the nurse got in but found out it was in the wrong hand. So out it went. Then she tried the other hand with no luck. So in comes another nurse. She gets me in the wrist but numbed it first. I sat uncomfortable and cold on the gurney waiting for the surgeon and anesthesia to stop by. Finally they all did one by one. Last was the anesthesiologist. After asking a few questions he asked me a open my mouth and say ahhh, so I did. Jack, mom, and I had all been cracking jokes while waiting for my bibopsy and mom asked the anesthesiologist not to drop his keys in the mouth since the light used to look in my throat was attached to his keys. Anyways. I then questioned why he needed to look in my mouth if the procedure was gonna be under local anesthesia. He stated that the surgeon always does the procedure under general (that means I would be completely knocked out and have a machine breathing for me). Very quickly I said "HE LIED!" This took the anesthesiologist by surprise. See the PA who did my pre-op on Monday stated that it would only be under local (a sleepy state that I wouldn't remember). I was fine with that. Hearing that I would be knocked out didn't excite me at all. After the pow-wow that happened with the surgical team, I got the good news. They were going to do the procedure under local. My first dose of Versed was given and I don't remember anything else except waking up comfy and warm in recovery. They let me go about 45 minutes later. So since family had come to show their love and support we went out to dinner at El Torito. Pain didn't hit me until I woke up this morning. Not bad. Time to relax and watch some movies!

No comments: