Tuesday, November 6, 2007

WOW!

The last two days...
Yesterday I had a special tour of Loma Linda Children's Hospital. They have a wonderful Pediatric RN Residency Program. The nurse recruiter gave me and a friend a tour of the units we are interested in. It was so cool! She even was able to introduce us to a couple of the managers. Score! Anyways. I walked on to the hematology/oncology unit at just thought - wow, this is why I went to nursing school. It was just exactly where I had imagined myself working someday. Now, I was only on the unit for a short time but I liked the feel of it. The staff was very welcoming and loved their jobs. The kids were so cute even though they were sick. I just loved it.
Today I had clinical. Spent 8 hours in the ER at Riverside County Regional Medical Center. Not a bad day, just was ok. But... on my way home I was checking my messages and to my surprise the Administrative Secretary for the 4800 unit (peds hem/onco unit) called to set me up for an interview. SO EXCITED! So now I have an interview next week and we will see where I go from there.

No comments: